Bookkeeper/Customer Service Assistant
to join the Arborsmith™ Advantage Team
Description of firm:
Arborsmith Ltd., an equal opportunity employer/DFWP has been in business since January 1, 1982. Please review the “Our Story” section on the website to get a detailed description of the history of the company and the remainder of the website to get a feel for the branding and ethos of the company. We maintain a small staff of certified arborists that have been trained while in our employ. We have exceptionally long retention of our staff.
Job Description Overview:
The Arborsmiths are looking for a dynamic self starting team player to join our Arborsmith Advantage Team.
This is a full or part time position with concentration on Bookkeeping and Customer Service and is in an office setting working on a team directly with the principals of the firm to provide support and problem solving abilities to an innovative and excellence oriented arborist service company.
This person must be detail oriented, orderly, and have a great handle on sequencing of tasks, and work with precision, maintaining existing systems that manage client relationships. The right person will be able to carry out tasks related to compliance with documentation, carefully meet deadlines, and be able to prioritize, while applying innovative solutions with appropriate detail. The ideal candidate will be able to multi-task while completing duties in a timely fashion, which requires great organizational skills and attention to detail.
They will be responsible for coordinating with outside IT help in troubleshooting technology with information and processes in mind. Be able to handle a quicker paced setting that changes with the seasons of the year and has unknown variables and work loads that come with a seasonal business.
Bookkeeper/Customer Service Responsibilities:
- Assist in managing Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll and invoicing of clients using QuickBooks.
- Data entry in customer management software, and QuickBooks.
- Reconcile checking and credit card statements on a monthly basis.
- Interface with corporate CPA firm to comply with tax requirements.
- Prepare monthly Profit & Loss reports and weekly dashboard reports highlighting key metrics for owners.
- Interface with clients and provide customer support and service.
- Provide other clerical and administrative support to management as requested.
- Executive Assistant duties will be required from time to time to support principals.
- Troubleshoot technical issues in office with help of external IT consultant.
- Experience with Customer Service and ability to follow-up on customers’ requests in a timely manner.
- Proficient in using QuickBooks and Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel a must and Access is a plus)
- Problem solving and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to Maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work and problem solve independently.
- The ability to manage multiple priorities in a seasonal and sometimes quick paced environment.
- Willing to step outside the boundaries of the job description when necessary.
- Willing and able to learn and follow existing successful processes and procedures.