Arborsmith Ltd.™ seeks new arborist trainee to join the Arborsmith™Advantage team
Description of firm:
Arborsmith Ltd., an equal opportunity employer/DFWP has been in business since January 1, 1982. Please review the “Our Story” section on the website to get a detailed description of the history of the company and the remainder of the website to get a feel for the branding and ethos of the company. We maintain a small staff of certified arborists that have been trained while in our employ. We have exceptionally long retention of our staff.
Job Description for Arborist?InternTrainee:
Are you looking for a workplace with an unbeatable view? Do you want to have a family environment at work with people who are as committed to taking care of their teammates as they are the trees they care for? Come join our small, value driven tree and shrub maintenance firm. We are the Tree TeachersTM that educate our staff, our clients and our community, committed to sharing our knowledge with unprecedented enthusiasm creating lifelong learners. We are an equal opportunity employer/DFWP that has been in business since 1982.
Job Description for Arborist Trainee/Intern:
- Wants to work outside full time year round.
- High school diploma minimum, however, advanced course work or university degree with an interest in horticulture appreciated.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, and reliable transportation to and from work
- Seeks to become proficient tree climber, working towards ISA Certified Arborist
- Seeks to develop proficiency in the use of tree injection equipment and fertilizing equipment working towards Illinois licensed Spray Operator or Applicator
- Demonstrates high safety standards.
- Must be able to lift 50-75lbs.
What You Will Do:
Arborist trainee/intern will learn to safely operate all equipment used in the trimming and caring for trees, including:
- chain saws
- brush chipper and 2 1/2 ton dump truck
- working to receive B license or a CDL license
- Trainee/Intern will learn safe and responsible use of rope and saddle to climb trees and act as a responsible grounds crew for other arborists while they are aloft. Trainee/Intern will be responsible for self-motivated production in all operations of tree care including climbing, trimming, brush and debris clean up, tree and shrub removals and some plantings.
- Trainee/Intern will exhibit a teachable spirit.
Position is an hourly pay structure. Company sponsored benefits include: Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, Overtime Pay, Life and Health Benefits available will be outlined at the interview stage of hiring with competitive compensation based on experience and education.