Office Assistant to join the Arborsmith™ Advantage Team
Description of firm:
Arborsmith Ltd. Has been in business since January 1, 1982. We are a small but highly skilled tree and shrub maintenance firm that work in and around the Northshore of Chicago. We maintain a small staff of certified arborists and administrative staff that have been trained while in our employ. We have exceptionally long retention of our staff.
Job Description Overview for Office Assistant:
The Arborsmiths are looking for a dynamic self-starting team player to join our Arborsmith Advantage Team.
This is a permanent part time position that requires 24 to 32 hours per week, with some flexibility. The position has a concentration on General Office Duties, Bookkeeping, and Customer Service. Position is in an office setting working on a team directly with the principals of the firm to provide support, problem solving skills, innovation and orientation towards excellence in an arborist service company.
This person must be detail oriented, orderly, and have a great handle on sequencing of tasks, and work with precision, maintaining existing systems that manage client relationships. The right person will be able to carefully meet deadlines and be able to prioritize while applying innovative solutions with appropriate detail. The ideal candidate will have great organizational skills and follow through, positive mental attitude and a teachable spirit. Be able to handle a quicker paced setting that changes with the seasons of the year and has unknown variables and workloads that come with a seasonal business. A minimum of two to three years commitment is desired.
Office Assistant Responsibilities:
- Data entry in customer management software and accounting software
- Interface with clients and provide customer support and service
- Assist the Office Manager and learn various aspects of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Provide other clerical and administrative support to management as requested
- Executive Assistant duties will be required from time to time to support principals
- Troubleshoot technical issues in office with help of external IT consultant
Office Assistant Skills/Qualifications:
- Experience with Customer Service and ability to follow up on customers' request in a timely manner
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office (QuickBooks is a plus)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work and problem solve independently
- Willing to step outside the boundaries of the job description when necessary
- Willing and able to learn and follow existing successful processes and procedures.